Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Home is where the heart is

It’s been exactly a month since my last blog post—the longest I’ve gone without posting since I started documenting my adventures in the kitchen almost a year ago. It’s not that I’ve thought of food infrequently in the past month, but I’ve just been settling into my new home. My real-life friends and regular readers have known that I’ve recently relocated to Boston from south Florida, but my absence from blogging has compelled many quiet and new readers to drop thoughtful notes to find out my whereabouts. I’m still here, dear friends, and I will be posting more regularly when I move into a new apartment in October with S & E. :)

Summer in Boston has been an immensely wonderful experience for me. There are so many things that I love about this city, the tangible ones being the lovely Charles River in summer and magnificent brownstones throughout the city, but I still haven’t been able to put my finger on the reason why I feel completely at home here. I often find myself smiling or feeling an involuntary skip in my steps as I walk to work or stroll along the Charles River esplanade. I’ve had many warnings from Bostonians of the impending winter, but I simply cannot wait to experience the seasons again. I am excited for autumn to arrive with all its beauty and dreams!

Fresh onions at the SoWa Open Market.

Plums galore at the Haymarket.

A clam on Revere Beach.

One of the many beautiful brownstones and uneven brick roads.

Summer outdoor concert by the Boston Landmarks Orchestra at the Hatch Shell off the Charles River esplanade.

Part of the Boston skyline at sunset from the Charles River.

My favorite place in Boston: a view of the Charles River from a wooden bench under a sleepy willow tree.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog makes me want to move to Boston. Sounds so peaceful and beautiful. I long to get away from the busy and rushy life of Singapore.

Tia said...

I'm glad, if that means you'll be visiting soon! Kisses :)

CNN said...

Wow! you look so happy and at peace. Can't wait to get some time off to relax with you. Miss you so much.

Anonymous said...

Desperately want to pay you a visit but not so easy with a 3 years old kid running around. I will definitely try for next year, if not perhaps you can Tina can meet me on this part of the world.

Anonymous said...

Looks good..
wish u have a wonderful experience
anywhere

always Lovely
Natasha

Anonymous said...

And what a beautiful home it is! :)

indosungod said...

Given a choice I would have stayed in Southern Flordia, the reason your sisters garden - looks absolutely beautiful.
Boston does not look bad either. Good Luck.

It has been great browsing through your blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the next new post. Excited to read more on your blog so hurry up and don' be lazy.
bb