- Extra virgin olive oil
- handful raw bay scallops
- handful raw shrimp, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 stalks scallions, sliced into rings
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh minced ginger
- a few red chilies, chopped
- handful diced carrots
- handful peas
- handful corn
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- Vietnamese fish sauce, soy sauce, salt & freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- Bit of sliced chives to garnish
You can season the seafood and egg in separate little bowls prior to cooking, or if you’re lazy, you can just wait until the end and season everything.
Heat up wok with a bit of oil to fry the scallops until almost done and transfer to plate. Put wok back onto the burner and do the same with the shrimp and then the scrambled eggs.
Bring wok back on burner again and drizzle with a bit of oil. Throw in shallots and toss until fragrant. Add scallions, garlic, ginger, chilies, carrots, peas and corn and sauté until almost done. Add half the rice and toss until evenly mixed and then add the remaining and continue to toss. Season the rice with sesame oil, rice wine, fish sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Continue to toss until it looks like fried rice. Hehehe. When almost done, put the shrimp, scallops and egg back into the wok and toss for another couple minutes. Transfer to plate and garnish with chopped chives.