Saturday, June 21, 2008

Vietnamese Pho Noodle Soup (Pho Tai Bo Vien)

This is exactly how I like my pho:

A bed of fresh pho noodles topped with paper-thin slices of raw beef, a few sliced meatballs and some scallion.

Drenched with a boiling broth of beef bones, chicken thighs, charred ginger & onion and toasted star anise, cloves and cinnamon sticks that have been simmering for several hours and seasoned to taste with salt, rock sugar and a tiny bit of fish sauce.

Garnished with roughly torn Thai basil leaves. No extra condiments, please. :)

3 comments:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Ah, that means you're Northern. :)

Boston? I thought you were in Florida?

Tia said...

Heehee. I'm Hue but was raised by my eldest sister and her Bac hubby. I guess some of his dining habits rubbed off on me! Moving to Boston in a couple weeks. Yippie! :)

Anonymous said...

that looks good