Thursday, May 1, 2008

Int'l Olive Oil Fest 2008

The International Olive Oil Festival will be held this weekend, May 3rd and 4th, at Cinema Paradiso in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Live performances, chefs, wines, food...and films since FLIFF is hosting this event! I will be practicing on these guys for the Olive Pit-Spitting Contest. :)

Black olives garnished with evoo, mint flakes and pul biber.

Update: The festival was not what I had imagined it to be, but that's fine since it got me outside to enjoy a beautiful sunny and breezy Florida day! The best part about the festival was getting to see an olive tree for the first time. They were selling potted trees already bearing fruit! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for coming to the 1st Olive Oil Festival. I am the founder and really the sole employee of the event and so I had a hard time garnering trust and financing. Its funny because I am Jewish and my main supporters came from the Muslim country of Turkey. One must realize that the success of any BIG event does indeed depend on dollars, shekels, rubels, euros, gold, and other currency. Please tell more people about the event so that instead of 300 people on saturday and 1500 people on sunday we can get 10,000. people on both days!!!

Anonymous said...

AND EVEN MORE ENTERTAINMENT AND A BIGGER STAFF FOR ME!!!